Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Adrenaline

Every Tuesday the trash guy insists on driving his monster truck up the alley just as I'm waking up. Then panic strikes because once again I forgot to put the trash out like normal people the night before. I dart out of bed, make a dash for the kitchen trash and run down the driveway with the massive green dumpster. I usually make it just in time looking ridiculous in my pjs, sneak an awkward wave and a look of "I know! I'm sorry!" and retreat to the house with a feeling of great accomplishment. This is how I start my Tuesday...every Tuesday. Did you all see that movie He's Just Not That Into You? It really had some great insight. For instance, there was a part that the guy friend is shaming the girl for not paying her bills on time and being late everywhere. He goes on to explain that her reason for doing this is because she is an adrenaline junkie. She waits until the last minute for the thrill of pulling it off at the last second. I can completely understand that! It's fun! I'm sure that's why I love being a Labor and Delivery nurse. A full helping of adrenaline is all yours as the doctor calls out "STAT C-Section!" and you're running down the hall with the patient's stretcher and beyond a doubt the misbehaving baby will get to the OR, mom will be under general anesthesia, the surgeons will be gowned and gloved, the patient draped, instruments ready, baby warmer ready, team of pediatricians present, circulating nurse organizing the chaos, and delivery of the kiddo all within 3 minutes. Amazing. Fun. Adrenaline. "Felicidades! Es nino!"

1 comment:

  1. hahahha. So great! I think I am an adrenaline junkie too. Which is why I'm always late and... always on deadline. sigh.

    ReplyDelete